Last month, three of us ventured down to North Carolina to check out the latest in home furnishings. Our market trip was amazingly successful as we shopped for clients, discovered new trends and previewed new furniture accessory lines.
Here are some things we saw:
- Many showrooms had a designated area or piece of furniture in Emerald Green - the Pantone Color of the Year.
- Stanley Furniture really upped their game this year by presenting a new line inspired by a research trip to Charleston, SC. See our Facebook Page for more info on this: www.facebook.com/KarenReneeInteriorDesign
- Color combinations we saw were: Gray mixed with bright colors such as coral, tangerine, orange, citron yellow and turquoise.
- Wire brushed finishes in varying wood tones such as driftwood, medium and dark wood.
- Gold finishes re-emerging.
- Furniture collections using light and dark wood together.
- Metal accent tables in bright colors.
- A lot of art in watercolors.
- Flat weave geometric patterns on area rugs.
- High gloss and lacquer finishes.
- Metal combined with wood on desks, tables and console pieces.